Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day Seventy one and Seventy Two


Hello All

Well Mondays Injection day went off fairly well during the day, a god mate came over and done some work on our Air Con system for house and we now have half of the place warm, very happy about that, Monday night late I started to feel a little fatigued and went to bed early, well early for me anyway. Then it started, the worst night I have had while on Tx

Probably the best way to describe it was, that is was a night of Delirium and Madness, all sorts of dreams and nightmares combined and periods of semi awakened, had to change twice through the night from massive Sweats that soaked me to the bone. Talk about strong, and yet could not seem to wake properly, as i have said before, the dawn was a welcome site, don't know what that means, but it seems to signal and end sometimes to these night time horrors.

Tuesday morning finally and i have never ached so much before either, you know the sort of aches that feel as though they are penetrating your bones and a throbbing stabbing pain on the side of my head that felt like a knife being plunged in at random times. Slept nearly all day and the night sweats had now turned to day sweats, three changes of clothes and showers later and some small amounts of food, it was time for my weekly GP visit.
Went to GP and had my usual blood pressure and weight taken, pressure good, weight is back down again to 68 kgs, so much for my increase last week, told her of my nightmare time with Tx and she said that's the Interferon dishing out its gifts to you, and that all i can do is go back home keep my fluid intake up and just rest as much as i can until it passes. I asked her about my taste buds still not functioning and that food tastes so bad that i don't want to eat and she told me to snack often and keep up my Energy drinks as well. All i wanted to do was go home and get back into bed and sleep this event away..
Support is everything really, when i came online to update my diary and read the posts in my thread, I was overwhelmed and it made me realise i am not alone on this journey and I alone at times need a helping hand to get through it, I am being as strong as I can with Tx, but at times it wears me down to lonely and dark times and to see my Friends well wishes was just what I needed and received.....

Never Give an Inch.....

Thank you to All

John

No comments:

Post a Comment