Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 144, 145 & 146


Hi All

Multiple entry tonight for the last few hectic days.....

Thursday
I had my GP appointment in town and had my usual Ob's done and all seemed well, had a chat to her about my back and asked if she could give me some pain relief to help settle it down for the next days long trek to the the Hospital, a 600 klm round trip sitting in a coach, so she said she would give me a Morphine shot as I have had over the years to settle my back down, so the nurse there gave it to me in my upper thigh and for that day and night, my discomfort and extreme pain had dissipated, but the next day I had shooting pains in the leg I had the Injection, that were quite unbearable at times, so by the time I got to the Hospital, I was in shear pain from this injection point.

Friday

Finally arrived after the coach broke down and had to Wait for another coach to take us the rest of the way, when we got to hospital went to pharmacy and picked up my next 2 months worth of Meds and proceeded to the the clinic, the pain now was horrific and when i saw my clinic nurse i had to ask to lie down, I could not sit any longer. She had asked me about the pains and said that the Specialist would be in soon and that she would look at it. She did so and said the nurse may have hit a nerve which may take a while to settle down.
They then went through my latest Bloods and sated that if my neuts go any lower that they may have to reduce my TX, my neuts are .50at the moment and Platelets are 60 ish something, so they are putting me on weekly blood tests for a while, and I have a 24 week PCR coming up also, plus other blood test during the time elft and FBC as well..

Saturday

Well Saturday was a total wash out and I just slept most of the day and tried to get some relief from this leg pain, seems to have helped as it has improved tonight somewhat....
John

No comments:

Post a Comment