Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life After Tx 02-03-10


Hi Everyone

Well its been a while since I last updated my blog and a lot of things have been happening, I went to my Liver clinic in February to see my Specialist and he was happy with my result with the HepC and told me that when my bloods get back to normal, they will start treating me for my HepB which will take 3 to 5 years of taking medication. This medication will be much more kinder then the Hepc Tx and only involves a tablet once a day, so will be much easier and nearly no sides with it.

My weight and my blood levels are still very low and I still get very tired and run out of energy quickly, on the psychological front I still find focusing on tasks and concentration difficult and at times the depression sneaks back, but I must admit things are getting better. Some days I seem as if I am on top of the world and others just cant get started on anything, I do know one thing that the Tx has done for me other then curing my Hepc, is that it has also changed me. I no longer am the same person, whether that's a good thing or bad, only time will tell, but I am definitely different to how I was.

Where to from here, well, I really don't know, I feel I have to do something but I don't know quite what it is, that makes a lot of sense doesn't it, if you get what I mean.

Well till next entry I hope all are well and take care.......
John

2 comments:

  1. Hi John

    I opened up a post treatment thread for you in the forums, all your friends are all behind you from the AHCS.
    I was thinking that maybe you should be taking an antidepressant called AVANZA, its an SSRI and it will also help you sleep, and it will also help you eat. Only to be taken at night time.
    There is another AD called Endep, which is a 'tricyclic' which will help with sleep and will make you eat too.
    Speak to your specialist and doctors about it.
    Are you still taking ADs now?
    Which ones?

    I understand that you dont feel the person that you were before, that happens to a lot of us, but if you give it time, months or a year or two, you will be back to some semblance of your old self. Its early days since you finished treatment, give yourself some time.
    Give yourself a chance to recuperate, I think you are a wonderful person that will make the right decisions, and remember, that we are all in the forums if you need us.

    Say Hi to Cheryl for me will you, and the girls.

    Good luck with the Hep B medications, Im sure you will beat that too, and at least you wont be suffering with side effects like you did with HCV treatment.

    Your friend, Linda McInnes.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again John

    Here is a link to your post treatment thread:

    http://www.hepcaustralia.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2676&p=15233#p15233

    ReplyDelete