
Hello All
Tonight I would like to talk about the role of Anti-Depressants with Tx, in my case i was lucky to be on them well prior to Tx and I feel that helped me quite a lot. I have often read on many forums about people who are participating in having Tx for the first time don't seem to take the use of the medications as recommended, in many cases of following peoples journeys these forums you can clearly see that these are needed as times goes on with the therapy. Which in turn has caused much unwanted mental and emotional stress, then when the people finally come to the fact that they need this medication, it is another four to six weeks for it to take effect. Personally I found that these meds helped dramatically compared to other people who didn't take any and at times the Tx can even need extra medication in this area as in my case and also others.
Another good practise I found was to keep one's sense of humor as much as you can while treating, calling other people on Tx and keeping in touch and discussing the pro's and con's of the therapy with each other and also the mere fact of contact itself helps with isolation that also follows the depression and anxiety. To me support of others is like the rungs of a ladder where we form to help each other combat these feelings, take time out to reflect and don't take to much on board while in these strange moods. Support, Friendship and Openness are the keys to making an almost insurmountable task achievable, it's good to see the professionals and doctors for help but as far as I am concerned all the the studies and training cant take the place of talking to or doing the Tx and all that goes with it better then someone who has done it or doing it.
I have had my medication changed now for my depression and it's only early days yet of seeing if it is of any benefit, I sort the different meds through my Doctor and explained to her how I was feeling and that coping was not one of my strong points since finishing Tx and I needed help with this. The trouble is that because I am cirrhotic it narrows down the strengths and daily frequency in which I can have these meds, sort of dammed if you do and dammed if you don't scenario, all I can do is keep positive and not shut myself away from everybody and everything and face these issues head on. Lucky I have my family, friends and great acquaintances to help me along this road to recovery......
Take Care
John
No comments:
Post a Comment