Hi All
Well Wed 1st Dec I went down to Brisbane for my Specialist appointment re my HepB and HepC, the news I received was good in the fact that my VL for my HepB had dropped quite a lot and the medication Tenofovir is working. After researching information about upcoming new HepC Tx drugs and looking at my current health status with my liver and also my age at present and my age at the time the new drugs arrive I have decided to approach them again about re treating again now.
I have made changes to my approach this time in regards to amending conditions of my lifestyle and current health problems such as my diabetes which I am on a care plan with medication and a Dietitian, I have given up smoking and my HepB is at a much lower VL now with current medication, bloods are good and my mental outlook is very strong and positive so overall a much better position then last time.
I also mentioned a different plan of attack to the Tx in the form of pre dosing and extra shots of INF at the start of Tx and the Specialists both agreed to this and also I questioned them about rescue drugs if required and they said yes they would be available to me as required with no problems. My push to be re-treated was bought about by the passing of my Mother in laws partner recently with Liver Cancer and seeing him days before his death really bought home to me as well as other factors like Cirrhosis and being co-infected the need to act now whether the chances of SVR being slim or not. I would rather take my chances trying to beat these virus's then to do nothing treatment wise waiting for new meds that may or may not help me in x amount of years time while meanwhile my health deteriorates waiting to a stage where its too late.
So I will be going back in February 2011 for another appointment and so far looks very promising for another go at Tx....
John
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment